AGU SUNGLASSES: MORE THAN JUST SUN PROTECTION
WHY YOU SHOULD NOT ONLY WEAR CYCLING GLASSES WHEN THE SUN IS SHINING.
Whether it's your daily ride to the office, a weekend bike ride, or a bike trip: A good pair of cycling glasses is one of the first things every cyclist should buy.
In this blog article we'll tell you why cycling glasses protect your eyes from more than just the sun, why you should ride with glasses in all weather conditions, and what you have to consider when choosing the right AGU glasses…
#1 CYCLING GLASSES AS SUN PROTECTION
If you ride a bike during daytime, you mostly need tinted glasses with UV protection. The reason: If the sun is shining and or it is just bright outside, you automatically squint your eyes. This leads to symptoms of fatigue. With tinted cycling glasses you relax your eyes automatically and protect them from dangerous UV radiation at the same time. Important: Before buying, be sure to check whether UV protection is available. Information about UV protection and the area of use can always be found on the label or on the glasses themselves. Optimal UV protection is provided by glasses that completely filter out light up to a wavelength of 400 nanometers - which, by the way, is the case with all AGU sunglasses. The optimal protection for your eyes is enormously important to us, no matter what type of cyclist you are. Tip: The CE mark always tells you whether a pair of glasses complies with EU or German guidelines.
#2 CYCLING GLASSES AS PROTECTION AGAINST WIND, DIRT, BRANCHES & INSECTS
Every rider knows this feeling: Even at low speeds, the eyes start to tear due to the wind very quickly. Therefore it's very important to protect your eyes with good sunglasses - as well as from insects, dust and other dangers, such as branches. If you bike more often and for longer periods of time, make sure to wear fitted glasses to protect your eyes, such as our Essential Beam glasses.
#3 THE CYCLING GLASSES AS PROTECTION FROM COLD WIND & RAIN
If you've ever ridden a bike in a rainstorm or snowstorm, we don't have to tell you how exceedingly important glasses are in those weather conditions. Rain and snow can both limit your field of vision tremendously and irritate your eyes. And who knows this better than the professional riders of Team Jumbo-Visma? When they're battling through all kinds of weather conditions on their long races, the AGU Verve HDII goggles with their anti-fog coating, hypoallergenic nose pads and rubber temple are their most faithful companions. The Verve HDII are the official Team Jumbo Visma racing glasses. The Verve HDII goggles were developed by Team Jumbo-Visma for professional use and are therefore fully tailored to the most demanding rider. An absolute top glasses. The anti-fog treatment prevents condensation on the inside of your glasses.
Another highlight: the lenses of the glasses can be easily replaced and you can even wear them without frames at will!
#4 THE CYCLING GLASSES AS A STYLISH ACCESSORY
The AGU Podium glasses are THE glasses for real winners! The riders of Team Jumbo-Visma wear these glasses in their free-time whenever they are not racing. The casual AGU Podium glasses are lightweight casual glasses made of robust and flexible Grilamid TR90. The UV400 lenses provide optimal protection for your eyes.
ALL AGU SUNGLASSES MEET THE FOLLOWING CRITERIA...
- The lenses are be made of unbreakable plastic, so that in case of a fall no splinters can get into your eye.
- Almost all AGU glasses come with transparent and yellow tinted lenses.
- AGU glasses are lightweight and barely noticeable when worn, so that they remain comfortable even during long rides.
- The glasses have soft temples that ideally fit the head.
- A silicone insert on the nose bridge ensures that the glasses can not slip and no pressure points arise.
- The glasses do not contain any questionable softeners or other substances that can be dissolved by sweat and get into your skin.
Meer handige tips voor gravelbikers
- Als je meer wilt weten over welke bikepacking tassen je nodig hebt om van jouw gravelavontuur een bikepacking avontuur te maken, check dan onze bikepacking guide.
- Gravellen kan het hele jaar door, en op die lange ritten is het goed om na te denken over hoe je je hier optimaal kunt kleden. Dé gouden tip: Kleed je in meerdere lagen. Lees meer hierover in onze kledinglagen guide.
- Nog meer inspiratie nodig? Kijk dan ons #everydayriding portret van gravelmeister Werner Coolen.